ISO 22000 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
ISO 22000 is an international standard that defines the requirements of a food safety management systems covering all organizations in the food chain from “farm to fork”. The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
Interactive communication System management, Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programe and HACCP plans, Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management systems. ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000 is also for organizations seeking to integrate their quality management systems, for example ISO 9001 and their food safety management systems.
⇒ ISO 22000– KEY BENEFITS
- Applicable to all organizations in the global food supply chain.
- A truly global international standard.
- Top Management to take accountability for the Management Systems’ effectiveness rather than just being responsible.
- Provides potential for harmonization of national standards.
- Covers the majority of the requirements of the current retailer food safety standards.
- Complies with the Codex HACCP principles.
- Provides communication of HACCP concepts internationally.
- An auditable standard with clear requirements which provides a framework for third-party certification.
- Suitable for regulators.
- The structure aligns with the management systems clauses of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Enables communication about hazards with partners in the supply chain.